FAQs for students incoming to Aix-Marseille University
Where are the official pages?
The official page of the mobilité
Which courses are taught at AMU?
The complete list of Computer Science courses taught at AMU:
- in the Licence (1st
to 3rd year of University)
- in the Master (4th
to 5th year of University)
Here the list of
How can I propose a feasible Learning Agreement?
You can learn the basics on the Learning Agreement here
Please note that the schedules only guarantee that courses from the
same degree and the same semester do not overlap. You can choose
courses from different degrees and semester, but then there will be no
guarantee that you will be able to attend them, due to the overlapping
schedules. Also, different degrees may be taught on different
campuses, for which you need to consider the travelling time from one
campus to the other (in some cases, moving between campuses might take
1 hour). Here is a good recipe to constitute a feasible Learning
- For each semester of your stay, choose one degree and one
semester. Odd semesters run from September to mid January. Even
semesters run from mid January to June. You can have a glance at
- Verify that the degree is compatible with the degree you're
attending at your original university.
- Check out on which campus the courses from this
degree/semester are taught.
- Choose a majority (75%, say) of courses from that degree and
- Choose other courses that you might be interested to.
- For each of the latter courses, identify and propose a second
(and, why not, a third) choice, in case the schedule of our
first choice will reveal to be incompatile.
- Find advise at university regarding the compatibility of your
choices with the degree at your university.
- Fill up your Learning Agreeement.
Can I include French courses in the Learning Agreement?
Once in Marseille, you can attend French courses given at our
university. If you wish, you can also include them within your
learning agreement, they give right to 6 cts. These courses are for
beginners and intermediate. They take place twice per week, from 18h00
to 20h00, in two places (St-Charles, La Timone) in Marseille (and also
in Aix-en-Provence). However, there is a limited number of places
available at these courses so, due to the request, it might reveal
impossible to attend them. If you include this course within your
Learning Agreement, please identity a replacement choice. Please
contact the Service
Universitaire de Français Langue Etrangère
for further information
about these courses.
When do courses begin and end?
The following information is based on the official
calendar of the Licence for 2018-2019
We definitely suggest that you have a glance on the official
calendars for 2019-2020
to be found here
the latter page (here
you can expect the caldendar for 2020-2021 to appear soon.
- First meeting: 1st week of
- Courses for automn semester: from 2nd week of
September to 3rd week of December.
- Exams for automn semester:
first half of January.
- Courses for odd (winter/spring)
semester: from sencond half of January to 1st week of May.
- Exams for even (winter/spring) semester: mid of May.
- Retake exams (if you failed in previous exams, in January or May):
second half of June.
How courses are evaluated?
The official documents can be found here
Who are we?
At the Computer Science deparment, we are a triumvirate helping incoming international (and outcoming) students: Isabel Demongodin
, Julien Marot
, and myself